Skip to main content

How to roll with the change

Although I've still been going into my office Tuesday-Friday at church, I'm starting to feel a little trapped on my weekends at home... And I just got word that I will be working from home staring tomorrow.

These past couple weekends I've found some tips and tricks for me to not feel so stuck during this time. I hope some of this helps you as well! Note: this is all based off my personal experience and opinion. 





1. Get dressed! 

I know this sounds so simple! I found on the days I actually get ready (not full glam) but a normal outfit (for me leggings/joggers and a sweatshirt) I found I feel more motivated to get things done! The days I stay in my pajamas I end up just wanting to watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians on the couch all day long! Not saying there is anything wrong with that! But I also NEED to get some stuff done around the house and I just found that getting dressed helps me to do it!





2. Adjust your focus.


When I start focusing on the things I can't do, missing my friends & family, how I literally can't go anywhere if I wanted to...I fall into a weird, uneasy, unhealthy, feeling. But when I change my focus, and stay busy time flies and my mind can't even go there. Yesterday I threw out old food from the fridge, re organized my pantry, fridge, and spice racks! I've also been getting into Bible journaling again and blogging more often! So it's been pretty nice when I choose to put my focus into things I enjoy! 



3. Enjoy the outdoors!

Thankfully we have been having beautiful weather here in Indiana! Spring has sprung!! Getting some vitamin D is an instant mood booster for me! I've been spending a lot of time sitting on my swing on our back patio. I always feel so refreshed after I do! Now I'm just wishing for it to be 80 degrees and sunny so we can open up our swimming pool! Then I would stay in quarantine forever!! LOL!

4. Get crafty. 

From DIY home projects to coloring in an adult coloring book, It's great to pass the time without looking at a screen. It also makes me feel so accomplished when I finish! For those of you who aren't working, I would highly recommend doing something that makes you feel accomplished and fulfilled, even if it't not working on your wedding scrapbook! haha just something to start and finish! Maybe a puzzle? I'm getting ready to make these shirts I found on TikTok...we'll see how that goes! Fingers crossed!

5. Plan ahead! 
Even though none of us know when this hard time will end, It's SO important to have things to look forward to! I'm still going to be planning my baby shower and a youth conference that we're hosting this summer. A quote my dad always says, "When our memories become bigger than our dreams, thats when we start dying."  Even if you don't have a big event to plan out, you could make a list of all the restaurants, amusement parks, and stores you want to go to when we are done social distancing! Or make a list of all the friends you want to see! Side note: (When I make lists, I love to use fun pens and stickers!)

I really hope these 5 things were helpful to you. Remember this will NOT last forever! Dm or tag me on Instagram if you put any of these things to use!

XoXo ~ Valerie Valentine 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PTL

Just want to brag on God this morningπŸ’•  My husband’s car  broke down back in December. We had it towed to a car shop to fix it, it has been in there for over a month! Starting to feel stressed with only one vehicle, my husband -the problem solver that’s in his character of who he is, wanted to buy a new car. I didn’t feel peace about it. The next morning I realized I hadn’t prayed about this situation at all! So I prayed for God’s Will to be done & for the car to be fixed. That very afternoon Tyler got the call that the car was ready!!πŸ™ŒπŸ½ we are going to go pick it up today! 😍 They also replaced his transmission for FREE because it took so long. So this verse is ringing in my head today! πŸ’“ “Don’t’ worry about anything, instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.” Sometimes situations in life can be so stressful and for some reason we often feel like we have to figure it out all on our own. But I found that it's so much ea...

Children are the future!

As some of you may already know, I'm the high school youth pastor at the Vineyard. Tyler and I  started as volunteers for both Middle and High school back in 2014. This is something that I had never really pictured myself doing. I thought it may be a good thing since youth group was such a big part of my own life when I was in school. Fast forward to 2019 where I have been running high school youth every Sunday night. I honestly feel so unworthy to be in this position. Sometimes it's hard. I don't have all the answers (I wish I did). I'm not this crazy super pastor that does everything with confidence. But what I am confident in is that God has put me in this position that I never thought of doing for a reason. It brings me so much joy! Nothing makes my heart happier than seeing my students worship Jesus, praying for one another, and truly showing love to others around them. Something that I feel like the Lord has been putting on my heart is for me to introduce the stud...

Marriage Get Away

Tyler and I had a great weekend together! We left Friday after work to go to Ohio for a church conference over the weekend. Just the two of us! Although it's not the beach and palm trees, it's always great to go on a mini adventure! I think there is SO much value in getting away from your day to day life with your spouse - even if it's only an hour or so away! Just time to be away and together . For some reason there is something stuck in a lot of our heads that in order for it to be a "get away" it's going to cost a lot of money, use up vacation time at work, and be planned out in advance. If this were true, we would only go on trips once a year... if that! haha. I don't know about you, but I love staying in a hotel that I don't have to clean and eating out every night, not having to cook and clean up dinner! When I'm at home I feel guilty for watching too much t.v. when there is a sink full of dishes and laundry to do. So having the weekend to ...