Skip to main content

Last Minute Gift Idea

Can you believe Christmas is only 6 days away?!?! I feel like Tyler and I just put up the tree! This is such a busy time of year for both my work and social life! But I love it! I am about done wrapping gifts for our family members. But it dawned on me that I left a few people out! Our neighbors, the mail man, my youth students, and a couple long distant cousins. So I had this simple and cheap Christmas gift idea! I used holiday to-go mugs and filled it with candy and packets of hot chocolate! I put a cute bow on top and gift tag and I was done! I think they turned out pretty great! Here are some pics! Let me know your last minute Christmas gift ideas! Or if you decided to give mine a try!
XoXo ~ Valerie




                                        Here are the mugs with bows and gift tags that I added! 


What's Inside ....

3 packets of Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate!


Pieces of Godiva chocolates 


      I put these in some of the cups instead of the candy


Gift tags and bows are from Target 




Then I decided to add a little bag of Marshmallows to go with the Hot Chocolate! 
You can get these holiday bags at Dollar Tree.



Thanks for checking out Valerie Valentine Blog ! I would love to connect with you on here or on my Instagram @_valerie_burton




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children are the future!

As some of you may already know, I'm the high school youth pastor at the Vineyard. Tyler and I  started as volunteers for both Middle and High school back in 2014. This is something that I had never really pictured myself doing. I thought it may be a good thing since youth group was such a big part of my own life when I was in school. Fast forward to 2019 where I have been running high school youth every Sunday night. I honestly feel so unworthy to be in this position. Sometimes it's hard. I don't have all the answers (I wish I did). I'm not this crazy super pastor that does everything with confidence. But what I am confident in is that God has put me in this position that I never thought of doing for a reason. It brings me so much joy! Nothing makes my heart happier than seeing my students worship Jesus, praying for one another, and truly showing love to others around them. Something that I feel like the Lord has been putting on my heart is for me to introduce the stud...

PTL

Just want to brag on God this morningπŸ’•  My husband’s car  broke down back in December. We had it towed to a car shop to fix it, it has been in there for over a month! Starting to feel stressed with only one vehicle, my husband -the problem solver that’s in his character of who he is, wanted to buy a new car. I didn’t feel peace about it. The next morning I realized I hadn’t prayed about this situation at all! So I prayed for God’s Will to be done & for the car to be fixed. That very afternoon Tyler got the call that the car was ready!!πŸ™ŒπŸ½ we are going to go pick it up today! 😍 They also replaced his transmission for FREE because it took so long. So this verse is ringing in my head today! πŸ’“ “Don’t’ worry about anything, instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.” Sometimes situations in life can be so stressful and for some reason we often feel like we have to figure it out all on our own. But I found that it's so much ea...

DIY Christmas Cards

If you love to be creative and festive like me, then you will love making your very own Christmas cards! A nice card can be pretty expensive, so this year I decided to "DIY" my cards! I have always loved making personal birthday cards, so this year I thought, why not Christmas too?! I already had everything I needed to create the cards so the only thing that costed me was the stamps to mail them! Which is totally worth it to put a smile on my family's face with a little surprise in the mail! Here are some tips and pics of my DIY 2019 Christmas cards!  I used Christmas themed scrapbook paper and folded it over to make it thicker, like a card. I also added these cute scrapbook stickers.  They add so much cuteness to the cards!!  Nice stickers can be be pretty pricy at the craft stores, but my Grandma is so sweet and picks me up some stickers all year round when she goes to Goodwill and gets them for .99 for a brand new pack! I would rec...